New Hire Forms & Information
New Hire Forms and Information
You will find below, all the forms that need to be completed by new hires. Please see your department/center administrative support contact for guidance as the forms that require completion are dependent on the type of appointment you are being hired into.
- Penn State Access Account Application for Faculty and Staff
- HHD/Nursing Computer Access Account Application
- Key Request
- AIS Access Request
- Affirmative Action Data Card
- Authorization for Penn State id+ Card
- Form I-9
- Salary Deposit Request
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability
- Voluntary Self-Identification of Protected Veteran Status
- University Intellectual Property Agreement
- Workers' Compensation Employee Notification
- Workers' Compensation Information
- Retirement Status Questionnaire
- Alien Information Request
- English Fluency Certification
- Notice to Part-Time/Non-Student Employees
- Notice to Full-Time Student Employees
- Notice to PSU Part-Time/Intermittent/Short-Term Academic Employees
Below you will find information that new hires need to acknowledge and understand. Please see your department/center administrative support contact for guidance as the information you are required to review is dependent on the type of appointment you are being hired into.
- Attendance System Information - Provides step-by-step instructions for recording your attendance as required of full-time staff and technical service employees.
- Benefits Summary - A summary of employee benefits that include medical coverage, prescription drug coverage, dental coverage, long-term disability, retirement and more. For specific questions, contact the Employee Benefits Office at 814-865-1473.
- Benefits for Postdoctoral Scholars and Fellows - Learn about the benefits available to those on postdoctoral appointments.
- Building a Safe Penn State: Reporting Child Abuse Training - All Penn State employees are required to complete this online training.
- Clery Act Training - Must be completed by all Penn State Employees, Students, and Volunteers who have been designated as a Campus Security Authority (CSA).
- Dependent Verification Program - Explains that all employees who are covering dependents on medical, dental, vision and/or tuition discount benefit plans are required to provide proof of eligibility for all enrolled dependents.
- Employee Self-Service Information Center - Outlines the functions you should perform through ESSIC (enrolling in benefits, viewing your pay stubs and w-2s, making updates to your w-4 or direct deposit information, etc.)
- Ethics and Compliance Hotline - Employees can report issues and/or ask questions via phone or on-line about workplace issues including financial matters and other misconduct or violations of University policy. The hotline phone number is 1-800-560-1637.
- Faculty Handbook - Serves as an orientation and reference guide for full-time faculty members.
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) - An Employee's Rights and Responsibilities - This U.S.. Department of Labor posting explains employee rights and responsibilities under the Family and Medical Leave Act.
- GURU – University Policy Manual - Contains the policies and guidelines that make up the “University Policy Manual.
- Health Advocate Brochure - Outlines the benefits provided by Health Advocate; a service provided to benefits eligible employees at no cost to you. The plan features two programs: healthcare help and employee assistance program & work/life.
- New Employee Orientation - Provides an overview of Penn State and benefits-related insights to new employees. Orientation is held online. To register, please call 814.865.8216 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New Hire Safety Information - Summary of important safety information from Environmental Health and Safety.
- Part-Time Faculty Handbook - Serves and an orientation and reference guide for part-time faculty members.
- Penn State Postdoctoral Society - Provides resources to help postdoctoral fellows in their professional and personal development.
- Resources for Reporting Wrongdoing - The University does not condone wrongful conduct by any member of the Penn State community, no matter what position he or she may hold.
- Responsibility to Self-Disclose Criminal Convictions (from Policy HR99) - Employees must self-disclose any arrests (being charged with a misdemeanor or felony) and convictions within seventy-two (72) hours after an arrest or conviction.
- Rights and Responsibilities as a Qualified Individual with a Disability - Outlines the rights and responsibilities of employees with disabilities and describes the resources offered to these individuals by the University.
- Sexual Harassment Brochure - This brochure from Penn State’s Affirmative Action Office discusses sexual harassment including defining the behavior, prevention, actions to stop the behavior and resources.
- Training Resources - Includes several resources that provide training opportunities for Penn State University employees.
- You@PSU Performance Management - Learn about this program and review the “How-To Guide.” Please work with your supervisor to determine what step we are on in the current performance cycle and what will be expected of you as a staff employee and/or supervisor of staff employees.
- 2016/2017 Payroll Schedule - Outlines payroll periods and pay dates for employees paid bi-weekly.