Program Expenses and Housing
Estimated Costs of the Program (Subject to change)
2011-2012 Tuition and Fees
- Total Tuition (for 15 credit hours): $10,740 ($18,540 Out of State)
- Cost per Credit: $716 ($1,236 Out of State)
- Internship Fee: $1,000
- Technology Fee: $360
Total yearly costs: $12,100 ($19,900 Out of State)
- Housing costs (estimated): $6,000
- Professional Liability Insurance: $50
- Lab Costs: $30
- Travel Expense to Internship Sites: $1,200
- The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Membership Dues: $75
- Background Checks: $100
- Attendance to FNCE 2013, Houston, Texas (Estimated): $1050
Total Additional Expenses (Estimated): $8,005
*The Penn State Board of Trustees meets in July each year to determine tuition and fees for the upcoming year.
Interns are responsible for transportation costs, housing, meals and any additional expenses.
Interns must have a car in order to travel to rotation sites.
Financial aid is available. See Penn State's Office of Student Aid website.
- Housing arrangements are the responsibility of the intern.
- Schedule rotations will be in the Harrisburg/Hershey area.
- Interns are responsible for housing and costs while attending the The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE meeting.
- The enrichment rotation may be arranged outside of the Harrisburg area; however, housing is the responsibility of the intern.
- A car is necessary to travel to the different sites.
- Some sites may require a travel time of 1 to 1.5 hours from the interns living location. ~60 miles.
- Interns are responsible for the travel costs to attend The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics FNCE meeting.